Overcome the fear of speaking… right now!
- May 17, 2018
- Posted by: polyglot polyglot
- Category: Uncategorized
“I am afraid of speaking!”
“What if I make mistakes and people are going to laugh at me?”
“At first I need to improve my English skills and only then I’ll start talking in English… I just need more time”
Sounds familiar to you?
Perhaps, you’re good at reading, watching films and even writing, but when it comes to talking to someone in English you get stuck and nervous. You don’t even understand how could it happen?
Well, if that’s your case, I am ready to vanish your doubts.
So get ready to meet our new student – Danilo. He is from Brazil. He doesn’t know Ukrainian, but he is good at English speaking. By the way, he has never learnt English from books. He just started speaking… Intrigued?
Luckily, Danilo would love to share his “secrets” with us so you could use them in a real life too.
Let’s get down to it!
1. Tell us a few words about yourself.
I am from Brazil. I work for Flex. Actually, I support countries such as Malysia, Mexico Hungary and Brazil. So I’ve been in many countries.
2. Why is it important for you to study English?
It’s a really popular language. I travel a lot and talk to people all over the world. They all use English.
3. How many years/months have you been learning English?
About 8 months. By the way, I didn’t learn English. I was only watching films, some videos on Youtube. I’ve never used Grammar books.
4. So you’ve started to learn English on your own. Your speaking skills are great! What did you do?
Thank you, teacher (laughs)! I chatted a lot with foreigners. At first, it was really hard because I didn’t have much skill, but I had no choice. I’ve made lots of mistakes! I was surprised, but people understood me and weren’t laughing at me – they helped me. It was normal for them.
5. Why have you decided to learn English at school? What are the advanatages of learning a language with a teacher(in a group or individually) ?
You hear the correct pronuncitaion the whole time and teacher notices your mistakes and explains them. It’s good to have such support.
6. A lot of students are afraid of talking in English. Can you give us a few tips on how to start speaking in English?
I didn’t have a choice. If I don’t speak, I don’t get the money. So I decided to overcome the fear. it’s hard at the beginning, but believe me it gets easier.
Dear Students, don’t be afraid and keep talking! Get friends with yours fears!
Інтерв’ю проводила Жужанна Болотаєва